Monday, December 15, 2008

Wait for it...

Mexico Update:

the over all theme for mexico was 'wait for it' or at least it was one of the recurring themes.

You already know about the barn. Heavens!! that was a cold night, in more ways that one.

things improved tremendously in Monterrey!!! We saved the best for last (in mexico). it was a relatively easy show, we had a great crew, we were done prepping early and had a few hours in the afternoon and evening to kick it!! i finally had a show were it was all ready to go and i got to just mess around for a couple hours; after i repacked the cases and caught up on my paperwork. time to just wander around the venue and catch up with people and check things out!!! a luxury.

It was a long day getting to chicago though. i don't even want to relive it, so i'll just suffice to tell you the story in person when i see you. remind me to tell you the story about the flight attendant, and what occured when she woke me up during the flight for the FOURTH TIME(after a full 32 hours of no sleep for me). Don't panic, i'm not writing this from jail; but she certainly left me alone after that. No, i wasn't the least bit nice nor even pleasant.

Here I am in the windy city, and yes, it's windy and cold!! it's even cold for the natives; when i look out on michigan avenue, i only see about 8 people outside!! yah, it's cold!! welcome back to the midwest!! We'll be heading up to Minneapolis after tomorrows show, so it's going to get even colder!!

I'm having a very restful day. i took a quick trip to borders this morning, grabbed a book, and then did a little (so very brief) christmas shopping around randoulf street, before i just couldn't take the cold any longer. so i came back to the hotel and continued my shopping online. I'm just waiting for my boss to return to the hotel for this quick 'back in the states' meeting (Yes, MY department has production meetings) and then i'm going to curl up with my book!!

speaking of books, head over to Ink in my Coffee for the link to the latest story about Nina Bell. I just finished Devon's updates story entitled "Too much Mistletoe" and it's a great read. Devon creates fantastically strong and witty women characters, and this story doesn't fail to deliver more of the same. head on over to her site to get your copy today!

It's time for my meeting and then it's going to be nap time!! Ohhh, is christmas really next week?

love and light!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the story!

I lived in Chicago when I was little. I remember a huge snowstorm the year before we moved to NY, and the Red Cross came around to deliver milk to homes with kids in them.

December 17, 2008 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home