Tuesday, July 17, 2007

And all that Jazz:

Greetings people!!!

What a long strange month it's been. I've been away from the computer and just trying to enjoy life... Lot's of life events have been happening, as well as various little moments here and there.

Sister Tina visited during Pride Week here in NYC. She got to attend the parade, I did not as I was working. A last minute change of plans, but it was great to see her none the less. I was not doing at all well when she visited, but rallied and we did manage a great dinner at Blue Smoke while she was here, and I've converted yet another person to the great BBQ that is Blue Smoke!!!

Then of course, there were the two Darren Hayes concerts here in NYC that I attended, both two weeks apart. He never fails to astound and impress me. The man is so enormously talented; it frightens me. And he is not just a studio artist, he really does perform and sounds great live. I took a friend of mine to his first concert as his birthday present. He kept grabbing my arm throughout and telling me it was the best birthday present he's had in years... As well as keeping my cocktail glass full. What a great time. I found out later that Darren wasn't feeling well, although you wouldn't have known it based on his performance...

Until I saw the 2nd show two weeks later!! When it was Very apparent that Darren was truly in full voice that evening. More songs, more energy, and he truly rocked the house!!! Perhaps I haven't mentioned it here, but I saw Darren at Radio City many years ago in Savage Garden, and it was at that concert that I realized just what it was that made people rip off their underwear and fling it at rock stars... Anyhow, I took one of my absolute favorite Chorus Boys (that's an insult to him really, as he's also a dear friend) to see the show. And we converted him into a Darren lover that evening. I was thrilled, he was thrilled, Darren was thrilling, it was the best night out ever; including a very hilarious moment with some foreign boys and gal who were desperately trying to pick him up and get him to go out clubbing after the show. (this is what you get when you take hot 20-somethings out). Although we never did get a clear answer to why the ones nickname was 'moose' although we both have our suspicions. Had I gotten proof of my hypothesis, it very well could have changed my attitude towards them (although I doubt it, they weren't aussies nor italians). hehehe

Count a blessing:
Some of my now routine tests came back last week, and I had some really great test results; the kind that made my mouth fall open and insist they double (and triple) check that they were actually MY labs... I'll take it!!!

My summer holiday is rapidly coming to a close. I'm going to be heading back to running shows again next month. I'm not overly excited about it, but I'm not dreading it either. It's time to get back to really working and get some money coming into the household again. It's been a lovely time being a lazy sloth, and I've enjoyed most of it, but the vacation fund is starting to drizzle away and I'm going to be needing it later in the year... for vacation!!

I've scrubbed the plans to head to Italy, but not to worry. I'm going oversea's anyhow. I am going to be spending a week in London (or at least a few days in London and where ever else I bounce around too). After careful consideration of fun and excitement and funds, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to do Italy solo (the way I want too) so it will have to wait for another time. I also decided that I can't wait until next year to see if Darren is going to bring the Big tour to the US. So I decided to goto London and see the show there. AND people, in the way and luck of things, I managed to purchase seats for the concert for the 14th row, Center. (close enough to throw my underwear, if I so choose). So I'm very, VERY excited about it. This also led to the acceptance that I was going to have to quit slumming and get my butt back to work.

I just finished my last daywork call (ever) at Beauty. They will be closed and gone by the time I return to nyc at the end of the month. It's been a long and fine relationship with Disney, but alas, all things must end!

I begin my summer travels tomorrow. I'll be heading to Rhode Island tomorrow with a friend for a few days of bookstores, backgammon, and booze. I'll return on Saturday evening, do my daywork with the monkeys on Sunday, and then repack for a Monday departure to Omaha, for a very long, overdue visit with friends. Lots of pooltime and boating, and it's the perfect time of year for it, as I see that Omaha was registering in at 101 degrees this afternoon.

So that's the quick update from the big apple. I hope you are all doing well. I'll be back sometime in August, with stories, I'm sure.

Love and Light to you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back.

I'll give you a call soon.

July 18, 2007 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home