Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dreamy

BRILLIANT! FANTASTIC! Worth the Wait! It's Everything I wanted it to be and more. I can't remember the last time I had such an enjoyable evening at a movie theatre.


It's exciting on so many levels. I've been Wild about Jennifer Hudson since the first time I heard her sing on that Idol show. Her rendition of Circle of Life prompted me to actually pick up the phone and call and place my first vote ever (in three years) of the Idol competition. That just happened to be the evening vote that disqualified Jennifer from the competition, and marks the END of my watching said TV show. Regardless, I've followed Jennifer's every press article since that time, and have been eagerly awaiting her next step in the business. Dreamgirls IS that vehicle she (and we) have been waiting for. I hope she is truly ready to be a Star, there isn't going to be Anyone in the US who hasn't heard the Name Jennifer Hudson in the next few months. There are Fantastic award winning performances going on all around her, and yet, Like Ms. Holiday did, she set herself apart, and easily Walked away with the film.

Jennifer is truly blessed and so are we, that she shares that incredible instrument with us. That girl can SAANG!! (And ANYONE who knows me, knows that I have an absolute Passion for Bitches who can Wail...) I've said it before and I'll say it again: Ms Dion, you had best watch your back, cause there is a new girl in town...

I had my dream posse with me for the evenings event. Scott and Becki and I attended the show together last night. The whole evening was electric, and the vibe in the auditorium was totally wild. People cheering and applauding at the end of numbers and scenes. They totally have a huge and worthy hit on their hands. I'm thankful that I live in this city and got the chance to see it first too. hehehe

Becki made it off to the airport for her return flight home this morning. We had a great visit, and it was so nice to be able to have A/B time together again (without any husbands or children about). She got a very good A tour of NYC while she was here, seeing Broadway shows and tours, a film pre-screening event, and touring/shopping in the garment district. I was applauded for my event planning skills, and rightfully so. I have done more things in the last 4 days than I have done in the last 4 months.

Looking forward to this final week before Christmas. I have another batch of things to get wrapped up, and the final three gifts to order online.

When it goes into National release on Christmas, go and see Dreamgirls. I laughed, I cried, It was much better than Cats!

Love, Light, and Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home