Saturday, December 02, 2006

Happy Happy

I'm a smidge behind on posting. At the moment I'm also a smidge behind on getting ready for work, so this will be brief(ish). :-)

Yesterday was World AIDS day. Now, I'm not going to cram a bunch of info down your throats. I'm just stating the fact. I'm not going to mention the Presidents comments he made yesterday either. I'm just noting that I heard them, and as usual, he amuses me.

I recieved a few phone calls last night after the show and chatted with some people that I haven't talked to in what seems to be ages. Requesting that I visit soon. The whole reason of the call was to wish me a Happy Birthday. I got the song sung to me 3 times, and once was in Spanish. It moved me, alot. The people I was talking too were all old roommates of mine and it made me realize how much I missed them.

Yes, it's my birthday. For the first time in years I am working on my birthday. I usually take the day off (it is MY birthday after all). This year I postponed the day off a bit, two weeks in fact, so that I can spend a day with The Becki when she comes to visit. I'm afraid I don't have much exciting planned for the event this year, working two shows today and early daywork and show tomorrow leaves little time for celebration on the actual day, but I am having a great dinner with friends on Sunday night following the show. I'm even going to be leaving my typical 'safety' zone of 15 blocks from my house. hehehe.

Scott's Mom arrives today for a weekend visit, providing she get's out of St. Louis airport. Evidently there is snow and winter storm warning/emergancies. I can hardly relate to it. My friends on the phone were teasing me last night about the snow, and I asked them what the hell they were talking about. It was a humid and balmy 70 degrees here in NYC yesterday. We had strong winds, but no snow (although it is forecast for Monday). It really cooled off last night, dropping down into the 40's. But I'm taking it as a gift from Mother Nature. One last day of summer, in December.

I'm going to take a brief moment and grumble about this new beta blogger. Since I 'upgraded' every day I log in, things are different. Today for example, I'm no longer given the option to post pictures. So be it, but I fail to see the improvement.

So Happy Happy to me, and Happy Happy to you. It's December! My but the time is flying. I'm off to the salt mines. Here's hoping you all have a lovely day as well.

Love and Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home