Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you, one and all. Many blessings upon you for the upcoming year.

Haven't posted in a while as it's been insane in our fair city. An estimated 45 million people have traversed through our city for the holidays (that on top of the normal 18 million daily). It is very apparent that we are filled to capacity, it has been taking me an extra 15 minutes to get (walk) to work the last week. Pure Volume. Crazy. It will all peak tomorrow night in Times Square with the dropping of the ball. I'm looking forward to it, and to people returning home, and our city getting back to normal. One of the drawbacks of living in midtown.,besides the noise, is the New Years congestion.

I had a Great Christmas. Scott prepared a great meal, it was very casual and relaxed, and the most enjoyable Christmas I've had in years. Thanks boo.

Gearing up for New Years Eve. We will be celebrating low key again this year. Dinner and drinks, and company. Scott's brother Dave arrived yesterday (for good) and Scott is beside himself with glee. He has finally got his brother living in NYC. Both the boys are here now, if I was still drinking, my liver would be screaming for mercy! hehehe Of course, it's great to have David here (although I'm still ticked off that I didn't manage to get my sister and David married). :-) Anyhow, it will be great to have David here and part of the group, he's a great guy and we have always had a grand time when he was visiting.

Nothing new to report here; just finishing up the old and gearing up for the new, attempting to get a few new systems in place to make life easier in the new year.

Resolutions? Now we all know I don't like resolutions and rarely make them. We should all try to be better people every day, not just because it's a new year. That said, 2007 will be the year I quit smoking (i have all year to make this happen, right?!)

Several people have asked so here's your general announcement. I don't know what's happening with the gig in LA. I highly doubt the tight producers are going to accept my bid and pay me what I've asked for. It's getting later and later and time is running out for me to do what I need to do should I actually get the salary I submitted. So I've changed gears and actually started planning my February vacation.

I've settled down at work a bit and am no longer allowing the Machine to get to me. I'm more amused by it all, but we have yet another large turnover happening in the next couple of weeks and they seem bent on trying my patience. Try away I say, I'm bigger than you and I will remain so...

Happy New Year to one and all. Love, Light, Peace, Happiness, and wealth to follow each of you this, and for many years to come.

xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home