Friday, September 14, 2007

PD

That's Personal Day. I'm free from Oz for the evening. So YAH! Extra day off this week.

A letter Must be drafted to Sprint. I adore my service, I rarely have problems with it. But heaven forbid when you do, and require Customer Service. They Suck. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with CS this week (after I finally got a real person). I waited on hold for 20 minutes last week before I gave up. Anyhow, I went to the Sprint Store today, and in less than 3 minutes I had the answer to my question, "Will this phone work in London?" No! The only Sprint phone that works in London retails at $600. BAH!!! (insert Cartman voice here) Suck My Balls.

Now before you get all righteous and tell me I am on holiday and don't need the phone... I know this. What you may not realize is that I'm actually meeting people from Italy in London, and I feel it reasonable that I have some means of communication in order to facilitate that. But not for 600 freaking dollars. Moving forward: I have discovered a company in my travel magazines that will provide me inexpensive service in London, and not a rental either. So it's all good.

Moving forward:

I was back at the British tourism office today to pick up my travelpass for the Tube today. I don't think I can truely communicate just how A Twitter it makes to me to hear that lilting accent. Then to be in a room full of people talking like that. I'm wondering what it's going to be like when I'm completely surrounded by thousands of people with that accent. I have always been a sponge when it comes to accents. Put me in a room with a group of southerners, and my southern accent immediately comes to the forefront. (of course, making me angry does the same thing). But I Have a feeling I'm going to return from London and be speaking like Madonna for the next several weeks! ;-)

Is Darren going to receive A Nobel Peace Prize for this Concert Tour? There are people flying into London from across the world. I know, as I'm currently attempting to schedule meetings and lunches with people from Italy, Finland, and Greece. Costume Imp, soon to be an international Imp of Mystery... hehehe

For the rest of the day I'm going to be having lunch with a friend of mine, before we hook up with a larger group of peeps to dance our little gay asses off in Central Park this evening. Underworld is doing a concert. I'm pumped, it's ON. It's going to be fun to see those friends of mine that I don't get to party it up with when I'm working. Finally a group event with my 9-5'ers that I rarely get to see!

I must split. I must find something acceptable to wear this evening!

Happy Friday to you all.

Love and Light!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fabulous time!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

September 15, 2007 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home