Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Something in the Air

There is something in the air. You would have to be a completely self absorbed being to not sense it. It's gathering momentum, every day the sense of urgency grows. You can feel the bite in the air; it's becoming more tangible as the days progress. Are you prepared? No one is going to escape it... Yes folks, It's only mid-November but it's rapidly becoming Christmas Time in the city.

Radio City has opened the Christmas Spectacular. The streets are becoming more and more congested as the annual influx of tourists and families make their pilgrimages to our fair city. Work crews were stringing lights on the still green trees along 8th Ave on Sunday. The bedazzlement has commenced. Window dressers are in full swing, many store fronts already have winter displays set up. Red and green shopping bags are prominent to even the most casual observer strolling around the island. In a city where the locals regularly move with purpose, there is the taste of more urgency. The NYC Marathon is over, the only thing standing between us and full-blown Christmas is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It will only become more frantic in this bustling city as the days pass. I ask again: Are you prepared?!

I've gotten a more than decent start on the Christmas Gifts. What hasn't been shipped yet has been selected. I'll most likely spend the evening of Thanksgiving online ordering the rest of the 'family' presents. That only leaves me with the close friends and co-workers to worry about. And I have idea's in that department too. All I require is the time to realize my idea's. Not the easiest thing to have in my profession, "time!" It means I must really apply myself, especially at this time of year.

I realized yesterday as I was plotting out the rest of the month on the calendar that I don't HAVE a day off until Thanksgiving. It's my own doing by accepting work on the TV series, but that's the bottom line regardless. At least I know that I'll be making my great escape from NYC, Broadway, and TV on the 29th of November. Vacation never sounded so good. 6 days off of work and away from the hassle of this city, as I travel and relax in California. I'm very much looking forward to this break and the chance to recharge my own personal energies. Those of you who know me know just how hard 2005 has been for me.

Devon: Your cats weren't the only ones acting possessed last night. Bast and Roo were acting as if they were also the sworn angels of the lord last night, bent on slaying every firstborn of the hebrew nation; or anything else they could set their claws upon. Myself included. I slept on the couch last night as I was afraid to leave them unattended, much to my own demise. I'm wearing the battle scars to prove it. 2 days of claw marks across my legs/thighs.

The time has arrived for me to get motivated. I have a lunch date and errands to attend to/accomplish.

Love and Light

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home