Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday Thoughts

Hello again. I haven't been posting for a while due to the schedule at home and some 'other' various projects that have been demanding my attention. What a busy month it's been!!

The painting continues here at the apartment and it's going well. I've even managed to get a third of the bedroom painted without having to move all the furniture around. Unfortunately I am now at the point where I'm going to have to move it before I can complete the project. Painting in the living room has been completed. The touch ups are done as is the 'blue' wall. I only have one wall left to paint, and it's going to be staying white for a while. I also have staining to do, but that must wait until the weather improves. I can't stain wood inside without the windows being open, and it's still a little chilly for that yet.

It's officially spring (and has been for some time). The signs of it are all around our fair city. The most notable would be the mariachi band that has once again taken up residence under my bedroom window. They must have been practicing over the winter months, as I think they are playing better then they were last fall. Or it could just be that they were still relatively sober.
It's time for me to get out and buy a new set of speakers for the computer. I find that if I play Celine or showtunes loud enough, they leave. Of course then I have explain to my neighbors what all the noise is about. My own special 'band' was serenading me this morning at 5:30 a.m..

In between all of the various coats of paint, I've also been spring cleaning. The yearly purge started about 3 weeks ago. I've been through everything but the bedroom now. (alas, most of the stuff is IN the bedroom). So I have a little more room around the homestead at the moment. Once I'm done painting, I should have even more room; although at this point it's hard to envision more space. Things are still all over the apartment. I should have things wrapped up in a couple of weeks. It's almost time to take down the winter drapes and store them, and shift out the heavy winter wardrobe for the summer clothes (if I have any left). I see clothes shopping in my near future. (I can't go to Sin City looking a wreck, I mean, come on, I'm going to have to have a brand new outfit for Celine!!)

On the broadway front, our dear show had it's 1000th performance last week. RUN baby RUN, Daddy needs the money!!!

This is kind of an uninteresting post, but I simply haven't had much to say lately. I'm still alive and kicking. No news is good news.

Happy Spring to you all.
Love and Light

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home