Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6-6-06

What?! You aren't scared, are you?! It's just a number.

It was also the total of my Cinnabon roll and OJ at the vegas Airport on my way to Michigan. You just KNOW it's going to be a fun day when your first reciept of the day is $6.66! Yah, I tempted fate and got on the plane. (I couldn't afford to miss yet another flight).

Channel your power into something useful instead of cringing in fear. After staring down death last year, the only thing I can fear is... you guessed it; fear itself. Crawl under a rock or your bed and hide today if you must. I just put on my sassy red shoes, spiked my hair up an extra 2 inches and walked out of the house. Bring it!!! (Isn't it amazing what a little time off will do for a person?)

Costume Imp went back to work today. What bliss, pressing shirts and shining shoes. I listened to Darren Hayes all afternoon. I went in early, and got finished early, which leaves me an extra hour this afternoon before it's 'monkey time!' Enough time to zip home and post this and take a few more advil. Yah, can you believe that I get back from vacation and the first night I sleep funny and the all to familiar kink in the neck reappears? Classic. Welcome Home, here's your heating pad and Advil. LOL

I supposed now would be a good time to unpack and to take the laundry to the cleaners. Too bad I'm simply not in the mood. I'm about to finish the book I picked up yesterday, maybe even before the show tonight. I need to ease into the day, treading slowly before all hell breaks loose at the musical tonight; as I'm sure it will.

Today I'm wearing my A New Day (Celine) shirt around. The doorman at the play asked me about it. It seems that we were both in Vegas at the same time. He saw the show shortly after it opened (years ago). We discussed it over a cigarette break this afternoon. He thought it was just WONDERFUL, and yes folks, I'm pretty sure the old man is straight. My opinion of him just went up another notch. I've always enjoyed chatting with him but to discuss Celine with a straight old man, who only had good things to say... Well, it was refreshing.

I wish I hadn't watched Kathy Griffins latest special on Bravo entitled "Strong Black Woman." She has a whole set discussing Cirque das Celine. It's freaking hilarious, but I wished I had waited until after seeing the show to view her special. It took me out of the moment a few times. Still hilarious but out of the moment. And it's all about being in the moment when you are watching Celine perform.

I'll discuss her show at more length in another posting. After I've come up with a few new hand motions for Celine to use during her show. LOL I've become quite jaded being in the business for so long. Bless her heart, may it go on and on and on.

Off to ignore my housework and finish my book.

Love and Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home