Thursday, July 20, 2006

Iced Tea

What a productive and delightful day in NYC. (How often do you hear that?!)

It's blissfully cooled off a smidge and I awoke this morning refreshed and ready to go. I've been to the bank and the market. Yes folks, I actually went to the market. I even bought stuff and brought it home!!

Now for all you out of towners. A trip to the market/grocery is a commitment. First of all, you have to be ready to crawl over things in aisles that are only 3 1/2 feet wide while carrying your soon to be purchases with you. "Climb every mountain..." Then you have to deal with checkout and pack muling it all home, and up how ever many flights of stairs that means.

Just getting your goodies home, doesn't end the commitment. OH NO, it's just begun!! Now you must USE what you have purchased before it goes bad. This is the larger (and more difficult) part of the commitment for me personally. You need to note that the last time I went to the market and BOUGHT something was in November of 2005, just prior to Thanksgiving.

Being single, living alone, and being on a full time Broadway schedule isn't your 'normal' workday. I find it much easier to grab food on the run than to prepare it myself at home. I don't eat on a 'normal' schedule either, and it's much better than food spoiling in my fridge.

Something obviously possessed me today. Maybe it's just that it cooled off enough that part of my appetite has decided to return. Today has been a day of taking care of business. I've run errands, dealt with paperwork, cleaned the bathroom, AND I still have time before work to treat myself to a little reading time. I'm ALL caught up, and then some!!

One of the many things that is in the process of happening is a fresh brewed batch of iced tea. Is there ANYTHING like it? Nothing refreshes better on a summer day (well, ok, maybe bourbon). But we aren't talking human anti-freeze/coolant, we were discussing the finer points of iced tea. No southern gentleman would be without Ice water and Ice Tea... (or bourbon).

I know, I know. I'm a yankee by birth, but I'm a southerner at heart. Couldn't the world use a lot more Charm, class, and manners? (Can anyone name the equivalent of a "Lexus" horse drawn buggy?) hehehe

Love and Light!

1 Comments:

Blogger Costume Imp said...

It wasn't meant to be mine. The furniture was gone when I went back.
Which only means something better will come along!!!

July 22, 2006 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home