Friday, October 20, 2006

Mild Insomnia Vs. Productivity

I've just stopped fighting it. Once I wake up in the morning, I just get up. No more laying in bed trying to fall back asleep, mainly because sleep will continue to be elusive. At least this week I've been spared the sidewalk scrubber. Perhaps he's on vacation?!

I think maybe my body is attempting to prepare me for Daylight Savings Time. Yesterday I didn't wear my sunglasses to work. I didn't need them. It was dark when I left for work. No wonder the urge to hibernate has been intensifying. On the plus side until the time changes later this month, the sun isn't rising until just after 7am. No longer am I rolling over at 5:30am and seeing daylight.

Since I was up so early I decided to put the Insomnia to work for me. I've gotten my track notes for the show updated (a feeble exercise in futility, as I will have to update them again in less than two weeks with the next cast). A necessary evil, and what they pay me for. Fortunately, I had done a major overhaul on them in August so there was less time spent in revamping them. Most of it was mere Name Changes. There was very little restructuring on this update.

I was up so early that I didn't have any new email so I got right to work on the notes, after I booted up the carpenters CD on the computer. It was a pleasant kind of morning. Rain was gently coming down outside, the traffic was relatively light and quiet this morning, and Karen was gently crooning in the background.

The girls were busy with breakfast and their early morning nap, and deemed it fitting to leave Daddy alone long enough for him to get some work done. (Little do they realize we are all going to have manicures later this morning.) Little Roo is now busy altering a cardboard box to her liking. So far she has removed one side of the lid, and is fervently attempting to shred the tape that is holding the bottom together.

I've a bit more paperwork to finish up and I had best make a trip to the market today. It's not raining at the moment; perhaps I should do that now. Unfortunately I haven't made my list yet, not even in my mind. I'm feeling a batch of my chili coming on. The crockpot has been sitting on the buffet for over a week. I also have been craving a pork tenderloin. And I need to stock back up on a few baking staples. I have banana's in the freezer for banana bread but I'm running seriously low on flour and sugar, and there isn't an egg in the house. Hmm, from the sounds of it, I guess I had best get out the rolling cart and take it with me. Unlike most of the US, I'm limited to what I can physically carry home. It's not like I can roll the cart to the car and drive the groceries home. Luckily the market is only 3 blocks from the house.

Yes, I must get the market trip done. After that I can enjoy a restful afternoon. Maybe I'll have better luck with my afternoon meditations today. The phone kept ringing during my meditations yesterday. No, I can't shut off the phone as I'm expecting calls from the dr and several other important people. Unfortunately, none of the phone calls yesterday were important (or even for me). Someone in this town is remodeling something and giving out my phone number (which I've had for 5 years now). I've been wielding calls from Home Depot, carpenters, and carpet layers for 4 days now. So it's not like some ONE person got a number wrong; the calls are coming from all directions.

Off to continue being productive, so I can get my much needed afternoon nap.

Love and Light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home