Saturday, October 21, 2006

Toasty Paws

The kittens were thrilled when Daddy took out the Air Conditioner a few weeks ago. It opened up the window they are (once again) allowed to sit in. They can now take naps while gazing at the outside world. The day the windowsill 're-opened' for them was a rough day. While both of them Could occupy the ledge at the same time, it became a matter of Not Sharing, and rather quickly. So Daddy had to put them on an hour rotation. The novelty has worn off now for Bast. She's like her Daddy and now that it's turned cold, she has no desire to sit in a drafty and chilly windowsill.

Little Roo on the other hand is in her prime. Always the adventurer, she's up and down the ledge constantly all day. I guess a better way to phrase it would be that she's now back to guarding and defending her full territory again. Ah, so much work she has to do now.

As I've already mentioned, it's been getting cold at night. The heat has come on in the building (and so far, the water has remained in the pipes and not come running through any of my walls or ceilings). Now all the conditions are right for something that regularly amuses me in the winter.

Roo likes to sit in the window, which has the steam radiator right below it. The heater is built into a little box under the window, so she actually has two ledges. One Cold, and One Warm. Not being able to decide which one she likes best, she tends to sit on the cold one and then proceeds to Pussy-foot the warm one. It's one of the funniest things she does (other than chase her shadow in the bathtub). I caught her pussy-footing this morning and refrained from laughing until after I snapped a few photo's.



Of course, it's much funnier live and in person. Roo trying to keep the bulk of her highness on the ledge and not tumble off head first while she pussy-foots. On the rare occasions where I actually lose all composure and really laugh at her, she merely stops what she is doing and glares at me with utter disdain. (I wonder where in the world she learned that look...). I ask myself, is this some form of Kitty Yoga?

That's the morning news. Off to a two show day at the labor camp. At least I will have the mental picture of Roo to carry me through the day...

Love and Light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home