Friday, November 24, 2006

Change in the Aire

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. The weather outside was frightful, as anyone who watched part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade can attest to. Cold, Rainy, and Windy. It was very delightful though Inside. After getting up, I made the requisite phonecalls to the family and chatted away with the relatives in Michigan, and got all the details on Mom's new house which is being delivered Monday of next week. She's more than got her hands full, and evidently the family had it's annual Dinner amidst the boxes stacked all over the house in preparation for the move.

Meanwhile, here in NYC, people were also cooking turkey, and putting together casseroles for the feast. I started the day with a delightful pre-dinner brunch at Scotts before we headed over to Erics place for the 10th Annual 'U got no place to go" dinner. This years event was one of the best yet. Everything was delicious and we all had a grand time catching up with each other. We had more than a dozen people present this year and was an all around good time.

Now I am settling in to a mega weekend of work. I didn't have a show yesterday, and in order to still get in 8 performances a week, we have a matinee today (Friday), followed by a 'normal' weekend of shows; which basically boils down to me having 6 calls to do before the end of this week in only 3 days.

Next week will be a fun week as well, with a new main monkey going into the show. This week will be a flurry of rehearsals for the new kid, (and I do mean Kid as we have yet another 19 year old in the show). His big put-in rehearsal will on on Thursday. On that Friday, I have a meeting and orientation at one of the costume shops in town with the designer (from London) of the new wings that will be going into the show here at some point. And then my birthday is on Saturday and GASP, I'm actually working. I decided to not take the day off this year. I'm saving it for when Becki arrives to visit later in the month. I've taken a Sunday off instead, so that we can have a civilized brunch and then attend a show ourselves; you know, like the rest of the world... hehehe

I did get more of the apartment painted this week. I got possessed on Monday and it's all for the good. The apartment continue to shape up rather nicely. Now I just need an afternoon to work on the bathroom and I'll be done with the big apartment projects. I'm hoping to have that bathroom day soon, or at least before B arrives. But I'm an no fool. This time of year alone is hectic; couple it with a broadway schedule and visitors arriving and it's totally out of control. I feel ahead of the game right now but starting next week I don't have any free afternoons to myself to do projects (or rest). So it will quickly go from ahead to behind. Luckily I got a few Christmas gifts taken care of already, for the more important people and have a game plan for the rest of the things I will need.


I really enjoyed the holiday this year. I didn't suffer the feeling of 'aloneness' as acutely as I normally do. I'm not sure if I didn't allow it, or didn't dwell on it, but either way, it was a good holiday. Holidays are always a time of reflection for me, and that typically means that I dreg up my insecurities and fears right along with my passion and my successes. I didn't dwell on it this year...

Off to the salt mines. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and Happy Holidays to you all.

Love and Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home