Thursday, November 02, 2006

One Year

I'm a bit behind on posting, but with good reason. Chaos. Complete Chaos. The universe has seen fit to smack me on my wittle ole head and blatantly remind me that I'm a mere mortal. Uhm, OK...

Costume Imp reached a milestone towards the end of October. The one year anniversary of blogging. Cheers to me! It's been a fun experiment to be writing again. Now I've never claimed to be a writer, and in fact, I really disliked writing when I was younger; book reports, essays, and speeches that had to be written usually got me worked up into a frantic state. I would find anything else to do in order to not sit down and write. It is my lack of grammatical knowledge and structure that frightens me. (I really didn't pay much attention in grade school to proper sentence structure). The easiest (and only) way for me to write is by jotting down what is going through my head. That remains true to this day. And it should be more apparent than ever to everyone, that I don't 'think' in complete sentences; I don't even think in the same 'tense' from one sentence to the next, not to mention that my spelling has always been atrocious. I no longer feel the need to apologize for this though. I'm no copy editor. I'm a designer and a supervisor. I communicate better through other mediums/media.

I'm sleeping again (blissfully). This morning I actually slept in. My whole perception of the world is different when I get enough sleep. Of course there is a funny story in here somewhere. I changed all the clocks in the house to accomadate daylight savings time; every clock in the house except the alarm clock. So when I rolled over this afternoon and read 1:00 on the clock, I told myself to get out of bed. Which I did and shortly thereafter realized it was merely noon. And no, I still have yet to roll back the bedroom clock. LOL

I was training a new person at work yesterday which is always a bit of a trial, involving talking and demonstrating what is happening instead of merely Doing it. It all went well, and the trainee was bright and motivated. The only bad thing was he had a really really bad case of Body Odor. Now then, I work day in and day out with sweaty people, I sort that laundry everyday, and I smoke. So if I'm telling you this guy had BO, he had BO. I attempted to stay upwind as much as possible... Now that it's over, it is rather amusing to me.

We are having unbelievable weather for November and so I'm going to get off this computer and get outside and enjoy a little of it before I head back to the salt mines this evening.

Love and Light to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home