Monday, January 01, 2007

2007

Happy New Year! It was a great night of celebrating. I laughed more last night that I have in months. My face hurt by midnight! The food was excellent and the company was even better. Many blessings upon you readers for the new year.

I had to run to the office supply store this morning. I needed new files and folders for things. Today should be about filing and finalizing end of the year things, but I have the very sneaking suspicion that I'll end up on the couch in a movie marathon, one of my boxed sets (X-men, Indiana Jones, The mummy, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, South Park, Stargate Atlantis). The only reason I'm not in front of the TV now is that I can't decide what I want to watch. hehehe Plus I am compiling the final reading list and preparing the best/worst of it.

I had an amusing walk in the rain to the office supply store. It started as a classic James Dean walk, warm but hazy and raining. The city is relatively quiet, especially in comparison to the last several weeks. Within one block of the house I started noticing the wet trash laying everywhere, confetti, cheap plastic hats, steamers, and noisemakers. It drew me out of my James Dean reverie enough that I had to check and make sure I was still in NYC; it was starting to look like New Orleans post mardi gras. I wish I had had my camera with me on the trip. The most amusing discovery on the trip was seeing 4 empty bottle of champagne stacked inside the ATM section of the bank.

Happy New Year one and all!

Love and Light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home