Saturday, December 08, 2007

Misc.

OK folks: Here's the run down!

You haven't heard from me much cause I'm imping two jobs and trying to hold my life together while I'm packing up the NYC flat. Most of you know by now that I'm moving; indeed, the movers will be arriving in a mere 8 days to carry the boxes down and up stairs. I'm madly trying to Get It Packed, so I'll be ready. I'm nervous about it being ready. It seems like every time I fill up and seal a box, I just find more stuff!!! Anyhow, the "Panic" officially struck on Thursday evening, around 2:30 am as I was still putting things in boxes. Nothing that a well placed slug of bourbon and an ambien didn't take care of, but it hit me...

So much to write about, and yet it will all have to wait until after the move and maybe the holidays... I didn't Realize I would be moving when I told the ballet I would work for them, and can't renig on the promise to work for them. (they are going to be a key element in the fall of next year, should things go well this season). It's Enjoyable work with enjoyable people! Hell, I say, if people can enjoy work and each other in the middle of The Nutcracker, the rest of the season ought to be a cakewalk.

The Darren shows in NYC and Philly were entertaining. Not the absolute best I've ever seen, but there were Shining Moments!! I got to see him perform Dublin Sky, twice, the perfect acoustic song (although I'm thrilled, I'm also amused, he flubbed the lyrics both times) Fun right?! Of course, I got to met him here in NYC, and I quote "I've been staring at your hair all evening, May I touch it?"

The answer to your next question is: "No, I Didn't wash my hair for 4 days!"

It's great being back to work and the strike being over. I'll be even more thankful when the real paychecks begin accruing regularly again.

You won't be hearing much from me for the next few weeks. Papa is moving, and he's bitten off a bit more than he can chew for the next few days. Think of me, and I'll post again when I am settled and can come up for air...

Love and Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home