Thursday, September 11, 2008

I love Rock-n-Roll

I Love Rock-n-Roll; so put another dime in the jukebox baby, I love Rock-n-Roll...

I don't know about the rest of you, but today time slipped away so much faster than normal. Suddenly it was 3 of the clock and I knew then we weren't going to be done on time for the show, I still had one HerSelf (new, never worn) dress to finish, a band member alternation (which sadly didn't get accomplished nor even started cause, it's not the band that's paying the bills and HerSelf's clothes must come first. Our work is also noted by Her, she notices little things. I'm not saying if this is a good or a bad thing, I'm simply stating that as a performer, she notices things; she is not unaware of the things that are going on around her. So I have been told.

I would have officially Met HerSelf today had she not been previously mobbed in Mid-town. That would be enough for me for one day too.

No, I'm not making much sense, but I'm also trying to keep my promise to keep you updated on my tour escapades, and so you'll have to take the not coherent posts along with the not So coherent posts. hehehe

Newark show. I will say that Jersey was feeling it, and HerSelf was again in fine voice. Great sound in this venue, and a new venue so nice and clean to work in. Although it was very confusing today, I kept turning down a hallway only to discover I had no idea where in the hell I was. It didn't help that they kept opening and closing the garage doors Inside the building. When I can't SEE whats on the other side of that wall that was there on the last trip through, Yah, I get lost. (shut up)

Decent crew, although there were some pretty major screw ups today involving number of crew and responsibilities. We rolled with it (cause that's what we do) and the show went off just fine.

Our newest dancer arrives tomorrow and we'll be starting to put the costumes on her on Friday. Shoes is a completely different story, and I for one am glad that it's not really my thing. I deal more with clothes and very little with shoes. (or should I say, I deal as little as possible with shoes).

We were all (wardrobe) silly today. Laughing our asses off at things, but funny and ridiculous. Perhaps that is where the time warp occurred.; perhaps I laughed hours away this afternoon... Although I will say my hands were moving just as fast as my lips, I can talk and work at the same time.

now, i'm going to really go to bed. I will entertain phonecalls but only after 2pm. I'm going to see if I can actually sleep 6 or 7 hours in my own bed. hehehe i mean it, NO phone calls until after 2.

xoxoxo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleep well, my sweet. You've earned it.

September 12, 2008 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home