Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back in the States

02 September 2008
Travel day/Day off Montreal to Buffalo
Back in the USA!! Back in New York State even. I’m definitely in a New York state of mind.
It’s really starting to feel like Rock-n-Roll now. We got on the bus(es) after the show last night and headed off to Buffalo. The reality of the tour is starting to hit now; we have the buses, we are now longer playing 6 shows in one venue; the pieces are all starting to fall into place and this next week we are going to get the full dose of what this tour is playing several cities in a row with only travel days (if that) in between.
The final 2008 Montreal show went very well, even with the added complications of the film crew(s) everywhere. Perhaps now we can just get down to regular operations. (You will note I didn’t say ‘normal’). I haven’t seen any of the daily’s, because I don’t have time for that, but the buzz is good from people, and if it’s anything like I’ve seen in the monitors during the show, it’s going to be fantastic. The crowd was alive and HerSelf has been in Fantastic Voice for the last couple of shows. She always delivers, but she’s been in Fantastic Voice, and really turning it on the crowds and for the filming.
Load-out went well, even if I was gimping around. I’m up and about, very limited, but I am moving. Our medic has been seeing me every day and therapy is working. I got rubbed, then lasered and rubbed, which helped tremendously. I just have to be patient and stay off of it as much as possible to expedite the healing process. More ice, doing my exercises and laying low. It is nice that we are in Buffalo, and I have no desire to do or see anything here. I am staying in and resting today.
We are in a crappy hotel (by our standards); at least I’m in a crappy room. Top floor (don’t get excited, it’s the 9th floor) and the absolute end of the hall, over looking the highway. Crappy internet connection because I couldn’t get farther away from the source, and everyone here in online so that leaves me barely connected. Not complaining, but I did hope to download my movies and SGA today while I was hardwired. Little did I think it was going to Take All Day. :-( I have a couple of dvd’s with me that I haven’t watched yet, so I do have some entertainment. There is always the afternoon nap too… and I do love a nap.
Hoping to be walking normally again soon. I don’t like having to rely on others to help move my bags, et. Al. It’s nice that they do, but they all have their own things to take care of and I want to get fully back into the game. My co-workers have been doing my running, in addition to their own work, and I don’t like being the weakest link! Nor do I like having to rely on other people to do my work.
It’s all good though. I understand and they do too (and are nice enough to not complain). I hope to be completely up and moving (not running, Moving) by Philly. I think I’m still going to have to take it easy here in Buffalo.
Thanks sis for the vid info. Yes, plenty of advil, ice, and I do move. No more bloodclots, NO NO NO!!!
In a weird mental state right now. Didn’t sleep well on the bus (new environment), and caffeinated, so tired but not able to actually sleep. It’s nice to have a day off though, the last 3 days were intense and it’s nice to not have anywhere to be until tomorrow morning.
I’m rambling, so I’m going to close and attempt to post this today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back to the States!!!

September 04, 2008 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home