Monday, September 01, 2008

Note to Self:

There are days I'm an idiot, especially when I'm moving at a mile a minute. I got a little crazy today during set up and decided to hop over the dasher wall (you know, the thing hockey players crash into around the ice, that little wall that keeps them from flying into the spectators... Well, Imp thought he was a spring chicken again and decided to go over the wall instead of walking to the other end of the arena to exit back into the wardrobe corridor. Again I say, Idiot. All went well at first, I cleared the wall no problem but I didn't score a 10 on my landing. In fact, I bit it, Hard. The kind of hard that makes people stop and stare. The kind of hard that causes your right ankle to roll in directions it shouldn't with your full weight and momentum on top of it. The kind of hard that sends danger signals to your brain, while you feel and hear the POP of your ankle.

I pulled myself up and limped back to wardrobe where my wonderful boss immediately went and got me a bag of ice to apply. I've got a very nasty lump on the outside of my ankle. The therapist (got to love traveling with a medic) thinks I've split one of the muscles in my foot. (Luckily not a tendion, again) I am taped and wrapped all up, and was forced (yes forced) to sit in a chair the rest of the day. Yah, I seriously banged myself up, and it's going to be a week or so before I'm moving normally again (that's the diagnosis).

Counting my blessings; no trip to the ER for xrays, not on crutches, although I do believe it was a close thing. When I started heading towards the floor I went limp and threw my body weight off my ankle. I think I saved myself from something REALLY serious. All because I thought I was superman and could leap the dasher wall in a single bound.

Embarrassed myself good. I have now garnished my tour nickname (at least for the next week). SOYA. (that's Sit on your ass). It was an ORDER. I keep telling you my boss has a great sense of humor. I'm beyond embarrassed and not only that, caused quite a bit of inconvenience to several of my new favorite people. You know I don't sit still well, and to forced to do so...

"Where are you going?"

"Uhm, to the bathroom?"

Tonight, once I got under the deck, I was forbidden to move, but to merely SOYA and supervise. I did do my two quick-changes, but they were watching me like hawks. "What are you doing?"

"Going to sit down!" Yes sir!!! hehehe

So I'm damaged, and moving really slow, but I am still moving. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow morning. This is a bad time to be hurt. The final dvd taping to tomorrow and we have a lot of continuity work to accomplish upon the return of dry cleaning.

Somewhere in all of this day, I just kept thinking that I couldn't have picked a worse time to screw my foot up. Of course, it's the right one; the one I always injure.

NO! I was not chewing gum at the time. hehehe

I'm currently back the hotel with ice on my foot and waiting for the post show snack to arrive. Think good thoughts for me, I can't let HerSelf or her dancers down....

How much does my boss look after me... When I started to move over to assist in a change, 3 of the dancers stopped me both with hands and voices. "Stay there, we are fine. We can do this..." She had a talk with them before the show, and told them to tell to stay put should I deem it necessary to try and get up. Great, now I feel crippled AND worthless. grrr

I just keep reminding myself that I'm lucky and DAMN lucky I didn't break it...

Tomorrow is the final (this time) Montreal show, and we head to Buffalo.

I lied in yesterdays post. There are 9 buses, not 7.

Time to change my ice... More to follow...

Love and Light from Hop-a-long...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie, take care of it. We'll do something quiet on Thursday, like see a movie.

September 01, 2008 9:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are not a springy chicken!!!!!

September 02, 2008 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home