Saturday, September 30, 2006

2006 Reading List - Quarterly Update III

I haven't put that many New books in the library in the last quarter. I've mostly been revisiting old friends and loves. Many Thanks to Devon over at Ink In My Coffee for the interlibrary loan of a sackful of books that I really enjoyed.

I started tracking my reading habits this year as a curiosity; just how many books do I read a year? I am pleased that I've passed (the unstated goal) of at least 52 books a year. Taking a moment to point out that on my current show I have next to no time to read at work. Meaning I technically am doing LESS reading than I did 2 years ago. Although you wouldn't know if from the state of my bookshelves and apartment. After a midsummers purge, I'm officially back to stacking them on the floor again. Additional Bookshelves are definitely going to be in order for the new apartment. What a blessing that I'll have room there for a couple new shelves!

I also find it notable to mention that Anne Rice dominates the top shelf of the bookshelf, and yet she doesn't appear on the 2006 reading list yet. I can't remember a year in the last 8 years where I didn't *Reread The Witching Hour series, although that usually occurs in late fall/early winter. November/December being my favorite time of year to revisit the Mayfairs...

So with no further ado, I give you, the 3rd Quartely Update of the 2006 Reading List:

  1. Nefer the Silent – Christian Jacq *Reread
  2. The Wise Woman - Christian Jacq *Reread
  3. Paneb the Ardent - Christian Jacq *Reread
  4. The Place of Truth - Christian Jacq *Reread
  5. Knight of the Word – Terry Brooks
  6. Angel Fire East – Terry Brooks
  7. American Gods – Neil Gailman
  8. To Light a Candle – Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory
  9. The Egyptian – Mika Waltari
  10. Maskerade – Terry Pratchett
  11. Pyramids – Terry Pratchett
  12. Hogsfather – Terry Pratchett
  13. Shadow of a Dark Queen – Raymond Feist
  14. Rise of a Merchant Prince – Raymond Feist
  15. Rage of a Demon King – Raymond Feist
  16. Shards of a Broken Crown – Raymond Feist
  17. Krondor: The Betrayal – Raymond Feist
  18. Krondor: The Assassins – Raymond Feist
  19. Krondor: Tear of the Gods – Raymond Feist
  20. Talon of the Silver Hawk – Raymond Feist
  21. King of Foxes – Raymond Feist
  22. Exiles Return – Raymond Feist
  23. River God – Wilber Smith *Reread
  24. Warlock – Wilber Smith *Reread
  25. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment – James Patterson
  26. The Witch of Blackbird Pond – Elizabeth George Speare
  27. Cheaper by the Dozen – Frank B. Gilbreth & Ernestine Gilbreth Carey
  28. Maximum Ride: Schools Out – Forever – James Patterson
  29. Book of the Dead – Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
  30. London Bridges – James Patterson
  31. Bridge of Dreams - Chaz Brenchley
  32. Flight of the the Nighthawks – Raymond Feist
  33. Light Before Day – Christopher Rice
  34. The Outstretched Shadow - Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory *Reread
  35. To Light a Candle – Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory *Reread
  36. Joust – Mercedes Lackey *Reread
  37. Alta – Mercedes Lackey *Reread
  38. When Darkness Falls - Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory
  39. Sanctuary – Mercedes Lackey *Reread
  40. The Da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
  41. Holder of Lightning (The Cloudmages 1) – S. L. Farrell
  42. The Fairy Godmother – Mercedes Lackey
  43. Mage of Clouds (The Cloudmages 2) – S. L. Farrell
  44. Children of the Night – Mercedes Lackey
  45. Heir of Stone (The Cloudmages 3) – S. L. Farrell
  46. Mapping the World of Harry Potter – Mercedes Lackey Editor
  47. Magics Pawn – Mercedes Lackey *Reread
  48. Armageddon’s Children – Terry Brooks
  49. Magic’s Promise – Mercedes Lackey *Reread
  50. Book of Shadows – James Reese *Reread (unfinished)
  51. The Amber Wizard – David Forbes
  52. Winds of Fate – Mercedes Lackey *Reread
  53. Winds of Change – Mercedes Lackey *Reread
  54. Winds of Fury – Mercedes Lackey *Reread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home