Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How do you spell Relief?

R-A-I-N!!!

I wandered outside during the ballet last night. Imagine my surprise when I exited the theatre to find a stiff cold wind blowing, lightening flashing every 5 seconds, and the occasional roll of thunder and drop of rain striking my face. It was blissful. The temperature had to have dropped 20 degree's.

Being from Michigan, my thoughts immediately turned to "this is perfect tornado weather." Luckily we didn't experience any of those. After being so hot for so many days, it was nice to stroll to the subway after work. While the platform was still roasting underground, it was absolutely lovely walking there.

The garden is heaving a sigh of relief. Too many days with high temperatures. I checked it this morning and everyone is happy and healthy, if still a tad wilted from the excessive heat.

Not much new to report this morning. It's now midweek (not quite humpday for me yet) and things are progressing smoothly. I'm just really happy that it's a bit cooler. All that heat was making (even) me a bit more testy than usual. I'm sure my coworkers will appreciate the cooler Imp, cause I sure wasn't having much of it yesterday. (And we had the kids from the ballet school in doing performances yesterday and today and sunday). Those of you who know me, know that I am not a huge fan of children. Not to mention most of those boys are just hitting puberty and someone hasn't taken them aside yet and mentioned personal hygiene. Soap! Use it! Deodorant! Use it. And change your socks once a day!! I had close to 20 kids changing in a very small room yesterday and I had a flashback to jr high gym locker room. That SMELL... I thought I was going to faint.

It made me realize how lucky I am with my regular dancers. They may be sweaty, but they don't really stink.

Going to do it again today.

Typhoid Mary is back in the building; ie my coworker who gave me that nasty cold a few months ago. He started hacking and coughing again. I made a very firm statement *(again) about the importance of NOT touching My Things. (See aforementioned statement about the heat and my testy-ness). If you are going to blow your nose, do not pick up and examine my cell phone, scissors, markers, chalk, anything. Wash your hands and keep them limited to YOUR tools. I can imagine the look on his face when I invoice him for time worked cause he coughed all over me.

Patience, I'm still working on it. Stupidity: Not having it, EVER.

Time to rally for work. I finally got my hairs cut, (almost all of them) and the color has been refreshed. The blue 'hawk is loud and proud. Amazing what a difference a cut and color can make.

Love and light to you all!!!

Push the fluids and keep to the shade!
xo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have to do my color in a week or two. I should have done it sooner, but I've been outside a lot and figured it would fade anyway. I'll be in more over the next weeks, so I can protect it.

June 12, 2008 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home