Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Commencing Week Six

Thus begins week six of the spring season. We are more than half way through the Spring Season, and have a mere 3 weeks left of performances. There are still a couple of BIG ones coming down the pike at us, in addition to a few TBA's for Dancers choice. I believe we open another really large and labor intensive ballet this weekend. All continues to flow smoothly though, and the issues that are being had are no direct result of anything I have (or have not) done.

It is a whole lot different for me, I've pulled back since I left the green machine. Not getting deeply involved, not getting vested in it. It really is a 'job' and not so much my life... I like it; it is going to stay that way.

After stating that: It was a very BUSY day off(?) yesterday. I had a 12 hour day yesterday, non-stop, of personal things that needed to be accomplished. It started with Laundry in the morning when I woke up, and ended with a few dozen oatmeal/raisin cookies coming out of the oven. In between there was a trip to Target (for litter and cat food), Home Depot for tomato cages (a dismal failure, but came home with dowels and staked those plants anyhow), a trip to the market (just a little one) for items for dinner.

On a summery note: The roommate and I made homemade lemonade yesterday. We had a bunch of lemons and I thought lemonade would be the perfect thing for mid afternoon. It was plenty warm yesterday and I was right. It just hit the spot!!

While the drink was refreshing, it did little to elevate the "I'm working 12 hours on my day off" attitude. hehehe This is why I don't want to do shows any more. I Want more than 36 hours off in a week. I want a real weekend, or at least 2 days where I am not required to be anywhere for employment purposes. Cramming all my errands into one day is more than Fine, provided I get the chance to then sit down and enjoy myself a little in my house before I head back into the city for the man...

I haven't put the air conditioners in the windows yet, but yesterday was a very near thing. Being in the kitchen with the oven on, made it clear this task is on the To Do Soon list.

One of my neighbors (an Old Indian lady) warded herself against the evil eye yesterday when I walked past her front stoop and issued "Good afternoon" to her. I was so shocked that all I could do was laugh. I even had my ball cap on, so it wasn't like the blue hair scared her. I wonder what she was sensing that made her think that I was the latest walking evil incarnate.... I'm not saying she was wrong, I just wonder What it was....

I have more that I could go on about, but the time has come to prepare myself to head into the city. No dress rehearsals today, but a full day of them tomorrow. Today should be relatively easy.

Happy and Healthy June to you all, where ever you are. 26 days left of employment!!! :-)

Love and Light!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

During your time off in summer, you MUST go up to Gloucester and visit Hammond Castle -- you'd love the antiques from all over the world, the German gothic front and French flying buttress back -- just fabulous!

And Lavender Moon in Sandwich had sooo many great Egyptian bits and pieces -- you'd love it!

June 04, 2008 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home