Thursday, August 14, 2008

Montreal

Boston, MA to Montreal, Canada
Travel Day

The second (and last) Boston show went very well. The audience was really vibing and HerSelf was in fantastic voice!!! The load-out was pretty painless, in fact; I was out of the venue an hour earlier than I was on a non load-out evening. Go figure!

It's a fantastic show; I'm looking forward to the Montreal shows. We will have a different set list here in Canada (the french shows), which means different clothes... ok, perhaps not different clothes, but different orders, and other clothes that aren't used in the US, but different enough to be dangerous until I learn what it's all about.

We wrapped up Boston and headed back to the hotel last night. I was just too pooped to blog, or even to pack. This morning was a flurry of activity in the hotel room trying to make sure I
A) had everything
B) had the right clothes in the proper suitcase

OK, let's educate you on how I pack for tours. First of all, for bus and truck, I require 3 items of luggage (because I have shoes). First is the big suitcase, which contains the bulk of shoes, and extras like the one NICE outfit that I may need, and the overflow of socks, undies, jeans and other Misc. The 2nd suitcase (smaller than the first) contains what I need to live and work in for about 5 days. My show blacks and personal grooming items are a part of this pack, as well as my laundry bag for dirty clothes. Included in the 2nd suitcase is the empty duffle bag. On load out days, the duffle bag gets packed with the showering/personal items so that I can clean up/shower and put on my jammies at the venue before I get on the bus to head to the next city. The first suitcase (overflow) basically lives in the belly of the bus. The 2nd suitcase is what checks into the hotel with me, and the duffle bag travels between the hotel some days, but basically lives in the bus where I can access it while it is moving.

So it takes a bit of time to repack and get set up but operates flawlessly as long as I am sober and coherent when I pack. It also makes traveling easier cause I'm not hauling everything around every time I change cities/venues.

That being said, we are not on our tour buses yet, so I AM hauling everything around, for about another 3 weeks. We don't get our buses until later in the month, after we have trained from Montreal to Toronto and then back to Montreal.

For those of you who asked or where wondering: No, we don't have a jump-set. We are completely in and out of each venue, even when we are returning to a previous venue 3 days after we just played there.

We left Boston this morning on two charter buses for Montreal and I am in trouble!!! We arrived here about 5pm and I was starving. My co-workers and I went out and had a great greek meal (they had a great greek meal, I should have known better than to order steak at a greek place). I can't remember the name of the place right now, but it was in a great neighborhood and this is where I am in trouble. I've been here 6 hours, and I am totally falling in love with this city. It's beautiful and if everyone weren't trying to speak french to me it would be perfect!!! hehehe

Seriously though, I am much impressed with this city and am really looking forward to spending the next 12 days here (a luxury hardly ever afforded on Rock-n-Roll). I have a fantastic view of the cityscape from my 19th floor hotel room, and am currently looking into the huge glass windows of the Bell Center, 1 block away, where I will be loading in tomorrow (in about 7 hours).

That being said, it's time to bring this latest installment to a close and put myself down. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, and the DVD filming continues the entire time we are here.

Everyone is still super pleasant and nice and happy to be working. I'm looking forward to this new set list cause I will be able to hear HerSelf sing more than one song in french, and while I don't understand much of it, it is a beautiful language to her sung... or at least I should say I enjoy her french albums just as much as I do the english ones.

Ah, the rays of the full moon are piercing the clouds and lighting up the roof of the venue. Oh, the venue capacity tomorrow in our show configuration? 20,000+ people

Mega-cool!!!

Love and Light!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVE Montreal. I'm glad you do, too.

You'll be surprised at how fast you pick up the french. (double entendre intended).

August 15, 2008 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home