Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Official

I'm confused (shut up)! More confused than usual?! hehehe

I've just reach the point where I am not sure what day it is; not that this is a bad thing. I do know WHERE I am, and I know that I don't have to work for the next two days. Just imagine being in production every day of your life; that is where I am. After a while it all starts to blend together. It doesn't matter if it's Monday or Wednesday or Friday or Thuesday (made it up, thank you becki), it just matters that you are where you are supposed to be. But it is a little disconcerting at times.

I'm not complaining, oh no!! Just saying I've lost track of the days of the week. Thank goodness for the computer being able to tell me that today is Thursday!! That being said...

Last nights performance was intense!! Our new crew person is great, the job was done well, although I am going to have to speak to some set people who are now moving set peices in my change area earlier than they used to (by two songs). I have to figure out if this is now normal or just them jumping the gun. I don't think dancers should be climbing over/around set pieces to get to me, and we have to clear the entire path for them to get that unit through and back out (or else my clothes get rolled under the unit and lost).

The dvd filming continues and there are camera's everywhere, mainly where you least expect them. Many times in the last few shows I've come flying around a corner to have camera's right up in my face. You know I move at a nyc clip and had to slam on the brakes. Once again I'm on a gig that doesn't allow a lot of time to get from point A to point B. Of course, I have it all down now,until they change the set list again.

Our new dancer arrives today and we will be putting him in the show on Saturday, beginning on Saturday, one number at a time until he has all the choreography learned. Looking forward to having him totally in and us getting back to a full line of dancers (and relearning the show with him back in, long story but it screws my end of night count up when people are out).

I'm going to state for the record again how glad I am that I'm not famous. Infamous perhaps, but not famous. I like the fact that I can still walk down the street alone and not be mobbed. The price of fame is more apparent every day that I'm on this tour and I see how the 'other' side lives, and just what it takes to get from one place to another. I'm glad I just throw on clothes and go. No waiting for the entourage, bodyguards, et. al. Just walk out the door. I like that fact I can walk through the press and no one pays the least bit attention to me (once they get past my hair).

It was blissful to sleep in this morning and then have a leisurely cup of coffee. I'm hungry and am going to wander out and get lunch. Imp is feeling like a Reuben sandwitch, and I'll get one too, if I can only remember which street to turn on... I've seen the place twice, I should be able to find it again. If not, it will be something else. Low Key.

My co-workers and I saw the Dark Knight on our last day off. Perhaps i'll catch Handcock today or tomorrow. I loved the dark knight, specially the costumes and the makeup. No spoilers here, but I had a great time.

Now it is time for me to get out and keep my tour legs in shape. Time for a walk and lunch.

Love and Light to you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home