Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Swag Day

This will be short and sweet cause I had two days off and lost the momentum, and Effie I'm tired!! hehehe

Today was swag day, I got three official tour shirts (hehehe) and a dufflebag, which is marked Europe 2008. Ok, so I didn't get to go to Europe with the tour, but I got the bag... LMAO Sorry Sis, you just KNOW I'm keeping this swag for myself. But we will get you some in Detroit if you want it, I promise.

Great show tonight for the performers. They are all to be commended! Long story as short as possible:

The dancer that was injured is out of the show until the next leg launches(no pun intended). We have a replacement on the way. We are very sad to see him go, but he's in a leg cast and moving around and still has big smiles for everyone. (Again I say, damn, what a great group of people).

Costume drama today revamping the show for 7 dancers not 8. Many of the sets of 4 are 2 and 2 so there was a bit of refitting/redesigning the look. We pulled it together and then had it ready for the designer to make a decision. All went well there.

The local crew person who has been making me crazy is not coming back to finish the run. We had a great new guy show up just moments before HerSelf took stage and even running it cold, he was hands down better. I later found out he's also the local president. Unfortunately we don't get to keep him; he's got other commitments. There will be a brand new person in tomorrow, and I don't care that we will have to re-educate someone. Perhaps everyone will get more work done now, perhaps.

Our hard-copy itinerary was handed to us today. Along with another piece of (sweet!) swag. I got a program for the show. Delicious!!! Now... where shall I have HerSelf autograph it for me? Certainly not on the holographic cover... hehehe

Another show tomorrow and then again, 2 days off. I could get used to this but I had best not. In less than 3 weeks I shall hit the 'ugly' part of this trip, 3 shows, back to back in 3 days (real Rock-n-Roll), and then I hit NYC and have one day off before we start our week in the Metro area. Perhaps I'll see you all then. D, I'm looking forward to seeing you in Philly just prior to my week back in NYC.

Love and Light to you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much fun!

August 20, 2008 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home