Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back-to-Back

Really? I mean REALLY?!

(it's a recurring thought this year, so i had to share). Be warned, you will probably hear it again...

Someone pointed out yesterday (or the day before) that we have only been out on tour for a week... Really?! It feels like longer for some reason.

We survived our first back-t0-back shows on this final leg. Houston Friday, NOLA Saturday. I guess i should mention first off that we survived the bus trip, even if all 10 of us didn't get much, if any, sleep. We are having some Issues with our bus drivers driving and general attitude. i feel for the guy (to a degree) because i know he doesn't really 'get' our group of people and i'm pretty sure he's not having a real good time. Neither are we though; there is a reason why i don't sleep well on the bus. He's rolled me out of the bunk a few times in the last 5 months and the trip from TX to LA was rough and contained a lot of swervyness. A phone call was made to the bus company from the production manager if this tells you anything. i guess 10 angry, sleep deprived techs and management people aren't people you should irriate. hehehe

Houston: the best crew we had in all of texas. finally a break.

NOLA: was i in town for 27 hours, completely sober, and saw nothing but the interstate and inside of an arena? yes... sigh. the first trip to NO ever without a trip to the garden district and jackson square (for Cafe du Monde) I will just HAVE to come back. (I do have a love affair with that city)

i don't remember much about the show, the crowd rocked; and i wasn't having ANY of it. i was already tired when we arrived, and after a certain dancer tweaked my nose (by bold face lying to me) i was pretty much over it all. Oh, i behaved myself, although i call him out for lying to me in front of everyone around me) and for the sake of all others, i'm very glad that i am not dealing with anyone's black socks but my own.

I finally got the latest Yasmine Galenorn novel and i've been really enjoying running around the D'Angelio sisters, and smokey, and Roz... if i could only stay awake long enough to read more than 2 chapters... hehhee

We are less than a month away from Canada (which is a milestone). It's when i get to offically see the light at the end of the tunnel (not that the last week of airports is going to be easy, but it will be the Last Week) and then i get to see my Omaha peeps and relax for a few days before my sanctioned Holiday!!!

I'm chillin in Nashville today and tomorrow. it was snowing when we arrived this morning.

my big plans? room service and a novel.

i'm also going to hook up the computer to the large screen tv in my room, and finally watch the last (ever) episode of Stargate Atlantis (RIP). I'm nervous about watching it, as it's the last one, but i'm excited about being able to watch it on a great tv, even if i'm not home. i love iTunes.

love and light to you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

room service and a novel - very cozy! :-)

oxoxoxox
from la-la land

January 12, 2009 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home