Monday, January 09, 2006

Hibernation

hi·ber·nate
1. To pass the winter in a dormant or torpid state.
2. To be in an inactive or dormant state or period.

It's what I've been doing as much as possible last week. Hibernating, resting, recovering. I would like to say that I've been remotivating, but that simply hasn't been the case. I know I need to (get remotivated) and get my act together. Changes in 2006 aren't simply going to happen, I'm going to have to make the effort and put it out there.

Today may be the start of the motivational process. Actually the process started in December, but I haven't followed up. I've been mulling over ideas, thoughts, and options. I still haven't come up with a final solution (You know me, I have NO patience), but it's time to get some balls in the air and see which ones fly and which ones don't. I need to reconnect with the creative process. Simply rolling racks of costumes on Broadway isn't going to be enough this year. Part of me is very afraid, as I've become dependent on the Broadway paycheck. Unfortunately, it's not delivering enough satisfaction in the creative drive department.

I stepped back from designing over the last couple of years. Perhaps it's time to reconnect and get that aspect of my life back in motion. As I just mentioned, I'm not sure this is the path, but it's one that I CAN travel and therefore must remove the roadblock I set in place last year when I stopped taking design work.

It is a wonderful day here in NYC. The last cold snap has passed, it's 56 degrees right now. A perfect day (off) to get out of the house and take care of a few errands I've been putting off (while hiding under the covers with the girls). I've been out and about already and taken care of most of the union paperwork for 2006. Dues paid, old 2005 paperwork completed and submitted. If I continue being motivated I'll head downtown to the dr's and pharmacy and get the new insurance info delivered to them before I actually have to USE it.

I'm being cautious however, as I'm also in the mood to spend some money. LOL Money that I shouldn't be spending. I'm pleased that I've gotten myself in a much better financial situation in the last year, but I'm not quite out of the hole yet. That new TV is calling me to, and the gift cards are burning hole in my pocket. I'm going to wait however as I have some traveling to do this year in addition to work, and my TV will be the reward for finally paying off the credit debt. Everyday is one step closer to that goal.

I'm feeling fine folks. I haven't been online much due to the hibernation. The cold just does that to me. Yes I've been out of contact but I've been contemplating life and assessing goals and attempting to come up with new ones. Not an easy task but I'm enjoying the process so far. It's hard to realize I've worked this hard and so long to be where I am today, and yet not be satisfied. "What are you going to do to change it?!" has been the foremost question so far this month. Have faith and apply yourself to making positiveve changes...

Happy New Year to you All, and congrats to the peeps over at Phantom. Tonights performance there will make them the longest running show in Broadway History.

Love and Light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home