Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Legendary Christmas

All things considered, it was a very nice Christmas this year. After dealing with a hellacious work schedule, a transit strike, and general disorientation that is.

The feeling was electric on Saturday at the theatre. We were finally closing in on it. The completion of a 16 show run with no break. The final curtain hit the boards; an amazing Cry to Heaven issued from from everyone's throats. What a moving sound it was. None present would be surprised to learn that Gabriel himself was there, blowing his trumpet. This Cry to Heaven was so completely heartfelt that I saw tears in a few peoples eyes. I continued to be amazed following the final curtain that afternoon: The boys were totally out of their costumes by the time I got to the dressing room. LOL I don't remember that EVERY happening. You go monkey boys!!

I took my leave of the theatre shortly before 5pm and headed up to my friend S.'s apartment. I had started the morning by racing up there and tossing the beginnings of dinner in the crockpot. Pork Tenderloin was the staple of the Christmas Eve Dinner. I got a good healthy waft of roasting pork as soon as I walked in the front door; delicious. S. and I took several moments to just put our feet and and enjoy the moment, and then I headed into the kitchen to prepare the rest of our simple evening meal. Dilled baby red potatoes, and asparagus n hollandaise sauce. For some reason (I can't imagine why...) I'm known for my pork. (shut up you filthy minded perverts, my family reads this too!) I got the potatoes in the oven and the veggies in the steamer. I then decided it was time for some Christmas spirit, in the form of a Manhattan. Sigh, I just love bourbon. Yes, I had a drink. Merry Christmas!!

Our friend E. arrived shortly after my cocktail did and we spent some time catching up. I served up dinner (which was positive perfection, if I do say so myself). Somehow dinner during the three of us managed to knock back 2 bottles of wine as well. We spent the remaining time exchanging our gifts and then E. had to head off for his evening church service, while S. and I remained heathens at home and watched a few episodes from The First Season of The Muppet Show. I received this as a gift that evening, and after watching the shows with Joel Grey, Ben Vareen, and Ethel Merman, I headed home for a little kitten time.

Christmas Day we three got together again. We headed over to E.'s place to see his kitty and his tree. We then moved on to Robertos for a late Christmas Lunch. I had the best veal I've ever had in my life. I highly recommend this place to any of you in the NYC area. Be prepared to sit down, relax, and enjoy yourself.

After our meal, S. and I headed over to Chita's broadway show. What followed was a spellbinding two hours, as Chita took to the stage and told her story. I'm sure there were other people dancing around her, but the moment she hit the stage that's all I could see. I can't remember the last time I was attending a theatre event and was held so enthralled. Chita is the final Legend for this christmas entry. WOW!!! GO see this show while you have the chance. I can only hope to be so agile and perky at 72. hehehe

So it was a nice and almost relaxing Christmas. I started back to work yesterday and things are going well. We have a wacky week ahead, but it's all doable. Today I have to run errands and get a few 'life' things taken care of before work, but again it's all good, and all doable.

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday. Brace yourself, here comes the New Year!!!

Love and Light

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, feel free to use my name in your blog. I get annoyed reading "S" all the time! :)

December 30, 2005 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home