Monday, February 19, 2007

Blessed Monday

Happy Presidents Day to you all. I hope most of you are enjoying a three day weekend; I am enjoying my usual day off.

For those of you following the blog closely, you will know it's been a rough week. What first week back from vacation isn't rough?! I made it through though, and even managed to get most of the typical chores done last night when I got home. I even got the laundry picked up and put away.

Today is a home office day. The one thing I haven't managed to get done since I got back is a thorough desk cleaning. Resumes and receipts are stacked everywhere (which means it's only a matter of time before Roo decides to organize and file them herself, which usually means they end of in the bathtub). Once I get the desk cleared, I'm going to muck it up again with the tax prep items. I realized last night that I'm a bit behind on tax prep. I usually have them Done/Filed by this point. I was waiting on a final W-2 which I received the day before I left on vacation. My appointment with George has yet to be scheduled. I really don't have all that much to do. Most of the pertinent information is already in the computer and in a box. The main focus is just getting Quicken to print out the end of year report. This could take 5 minutes or 4 hours. I'm on my second cup of coffee now, so hopefully it will be the former.

I'm feeling another house purge coming on. I desperately need another book shelf, as the books are once again being stacked on the floor, which adds to the sense of clutter. Clutter doesn't serve any purpose but to make my small apartment even smaller. I started throwing out clothes last night. Things that I no longer wear, taking up space. The paint rags were tossed and I have a bag for Salvation Army ready to go. It's merely the beginning; I know what this twitchy feeling means. I will be ruthless in purging things, and so perhaps I may get under the bed and lighten up that storage space as well.

All in all it looks as if it's going to be a busy day. I got a good nights sleep last night, and I'm up early, and feeling as though I am going to get many things accomplished today. A far cry from the lethargy I was experiencing last week.

The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars
debuted on CBS last night. I finally have NEW TV to watch!!! An interesting concept this season, bringing back old contestants for another shot at the million dollar prize. Some of my favorite teams are back in the race, along with some teams that I didn't like the first time. A nice blend, we should be seeing plenty of tension and conflict. The starting line was in Miami, and the first pit stop was in Ecuador. They are off on an exciting journey. I have yet to pick my favorites to win, although Rob and Amber came in first place at the first pit stop. If you know me, you won't be surprised to hear me state that I hope they once again get their just desserts (and that is NOT the million dollar prize). Shady and underhanded playing should not be rewarded. They are the team to beat really though. Call me old fashioned, but so far, out of this group of competitors, I am routing for any of the underdogs.

The desk isn't getting any lighter or cleaner by itself. It's time to get busy (the coffee is beginning to seep into the required sections).

Love and Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home