Monday, February 12, 2007

Home again

Imp arrived back in NYC yesterday, after a very 'interesting' day of travel. I almost felt like I was doing film work again, it was a lot of 'hurry up and wait.' I made it home, and so did my luggage, so it's all good.

I'm in the midst of sorting through piles of mail, and the 57 emails I had in my inbox. For some unknown reason I was unable to access my email while I was away; not that I tried very hard, nor that I spent any significant time trying.

It was great to walk into a very warm apartment, and the girls were mildly affectionate; meaning they briefly acknowledged my presence before turning their backs to me. Auntie was here spoiling them Rotten while I was away, and even this morning Bast isn't having any of me. It seems Auntie was treating them to hot water bottles covered in lambs wool... and apparently Bast has grown accustomed and thinks this is now part of her decadent lifestyle. Unfortunately, Daddy doesn't own a hot water bottle and she is pretty much withholding her 'affection' until one is delivered.

I'm a bit unsettled, as it appears my kittens have switched souls while I was away. Bast is now gobbling her food (and she was always the light and dainty diner) while Roo is pointedly ignoring the food dishes (at least in my immediate presence). I'll take it though, Roo has been very sedate since my return, and hasn't even looked at an electrical cord. I'm confused (and the girls are enjoying keeping me unbalanced as to their behavior patterns).

I've started the tales of travel post, and will return to it once I get some errands done. I have today to get back into the swing of things before I set foot in the theatre and start all over again tomorrow. It's been absolute BLISS not working the last 10 days.

Roo kept a journal while I was away, and it's positively hilarious.

The kittens aren't the only ones being spoiled either. I got home to find Roo sitting on a note from Auntie and her Journal. The note told me to look in the fridge, and to my delight there was a huge casserole dish full of beef tips, carrots, celery, and noodles. So dinner was just a warm up away!!! AND it was delicious.

Thanks D for taking care of the girls and the house while I was away. You are a lifesaver, and the girls miss you, and your hot water bottle.

I'm off to get a few errands done, so I can come back home and find something ELSE to do other than finalizing the 2006 tax reports in preparation of my appointment with my tax man.

More interesting things to follow...

Love and Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home