Tuesday, March 04, 2008

SRQ day(?) 1

I come to you with the sun on my face, the white sand between my toes (and in my ears and nose, and anywhere else it got blown), and the wind blowing through my purple hair. Is there anything that blue waters and white sand can't mend?

Actually, yes, but we aren't worried about those things right now. Non importa.

What a blissful day I had yesterday. I was up at 8am (no change there), took a shower and put on the only clothes I had and wandered into the opera house. After a quick Hello to everyone in the shop, I took a trip to the box office to let them know that my luggage was supposed to be delivered in the morning and to please accept it. Then i wandered a few doors down to the 'daytime cafe' for one of my favorite breakfasts in Sarasota. it's called the turkey dill: basically an omelet with turkey, tomatoes, peppers, topped with a light holliandase sauce and dill. Served with fresh fruit and hashbrowns. Add some fresh Florida orange juice and it's the perfect start to the day!!!

During breakfast, one of the box office managers walked in to inform me my luggage had arrived, so i picked that up and promptly came home to shower/change into shorts and short sleeves (don't be hating, I've earned this trip).

It was SUCH a beautiful day, I just had to make a trip to the beach. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to take someones lunch into the opera house, which I discovered upon my return to the apartment with the luggage. In the flurry of getting back out the door, I failed to grab the sunscreen and bathing suit, which I realized upon arriving at the beach.

So I just sat in the sand in my shorts, and waded in the gulf and watched pelicans dive into the water in pursuit of their lunch. Quite an entertaining couple of hours. There were very few people on my section of the beach, so I got to peacefully sit and contemplate life and listen to the surf.

Not 25 minutes after my arrival at the beach, I got a phone call inquiring about my availability for a job in August/Sept, which I am available to do. I don't know money yet, but it would be a fun project, and would also consist of me holding a masterclass for a university while I am in residence.

Do I need another confirmation/validation that I have made the right decision in leaving the current Broadway show? No, I don't! It's nice to have one though.

The stress of the last several months is slowly peeling away. I know I've made the proper choice, and I'm excited that I'm going to be able to do other things again. There IS a method to my madness, a plan in action, for the all the decisions I've made in the last 5 months.

I got a thank you card from my two bosses at the ballet right before I left town, reminding me how happy they were to have me, and that they were glad I was going to be joining them for the spring season. It touched me, right there; nice to be reminded that one is appreciated.

Had a brief conversation with one of the music directors here, one of my co-workers, when i was working here many years ago. He made an off handed comment about wishing I would come back, and i think I surprised him when I told him that we should talk about it. "Really?! You would consider coming back?!"

"Yes, I just said we should talk about it."

Let me state again just how nice it is to have options.

Of course, things are also changing in the other costume shop (where I am now assisting from NYC) and I've been told it won't be long before the local assistant retires. I love how people try to feel me out... Yes, we may discuss work for next year, I am officially entertaining options and offers. The opera is also going to start a fall season here, so instead of 4 shows a year, there will be 6? Curious.

For some reason (yet to be examined too deeply) I've been wondering how I feel if I left the city. Years ago i stated the NYC had wrecked me from living anywhere else. Time and people change, and I'm no longer so adamant about that statement. I am happy in the new home in Queens. I like my 'home.' Now, more than ever, that is important to me. Getting my career moving in a different direction is also important to me. Doing things that I enjoy is important to me. Traveling to the places I want to see is important to me. Not working 6 days a week for the rest of my life is important to me.

Somehow, I'm going to get it all figured out; eventually. hehehe

Sidetracked?! yes, but this is what goes through my mind on the beach. It's always had the power to open my mind to different paths and options. The beach has always been an important place of mediation and creative thinking.

After the beach, I went to a very large grocery store. You know, with WIDE aisles, that you push a cart around?! hehehe Got a few staples for the week, and also the ingredients for my infamous Pasta Salad (what I have started calling the $40 pasta salad). yes, there is that much stuff in it. It gave me the sense of domestication that I was craving, making that pasta salad. Quite a lovely end to the free day.... by the time i cleaned up the kitchen, I was racing out the door to the first dress rehearsal for the opera.

Lovely clothes, no major complaints, mostly dressing notes, and there are a few hats that need to be tweaked today but onward and upward. The new pieces are lovely and the show overall is even more beautiful than it was 8(?) years ago. This is going to be a very easy tech the rest of the week, for which I am very grateful.

I'm going to wander around town this afternoon, and most likely get wet. it looks and feels like rain, but I won't be IN the sun today, just wandering around with some serious SPF on. Perhaps I'll have another afternoon at the beach on Wednesday.

Off to a great start to this working vacation. more to follow loves.

Love and Light!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've earned all the good options you're receiving. Hooray! Have a wonderful time, and just listen to all your options.

Seven of Cups is your current Tarot Card -- many options, time to daydream, no need to make a final decision yet.

March 05, 2008 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home