Saturday, August 16, 2008

Montreal II

Montreal
Show 1

Today was my first load-in and show here in HerSelf's hometown. Read that as a long day! There is nothing like doing a show in your hometown, and it's was really off the chart. Being in the frenchiest part of Canada, we were doing the french concert version. Just a little longer than the American version, and I got to hear HerSelf perform live versions of the french hits that I haven't gotten to hear anywhere else. WOW. The crowd was totally rejoicing in having their Diva home and the opening standing ovation seemed to last forever!!!

That being said, it was rather a difficult day. Our local crew (at least my department) was very excited to be included, but was more interested in the show than doing their job. A lot of babysitting happened today, including the wardrobe head (local) who had a tendency to wander away for close to an hour at a time. Difficult. Once we finally got to show time, I wondered why we spent so long going over the changes, as I seemed to be the only one on my side of the stage who was actually hanging up any clothes. It made the show a whole lot more difficult for me than it needed to be. At one point I was actually told, "You could do this all by yourself." "Not really, and tomorrow you both are going to step it up and participate more. I'm here to assist and to be free to handle emergencies." Sigh... We will see...

WOW, has it been a while since I have multi-tasked so much. A special shout out is going to PR and JR who will know exactly what I am talking about. I start working on one project, only to have to stop to supply info or projects to someone else, only to then start on another project, only to realize I already have something in process, only to find I have something more important that takes precedence over everything that I'm currently multi-tasking. It's all good, but the day sure FLIES by when you know you have to hustle to get everything done before curtain that evening. The closer you get to curtain time, the faster time flies, right?! Oh YEAH!!

I'm very glad we got the laundry washed and hung before we left the venue tonight. That means a much later call time tomorrow! Seeing as how it's now 3am, I'm very grateful that I am not reporting at 8am tomorrow (today).

Also, we do show #2 and then I am on holiday for 2 days. Unheard of in Rock-n-Roll!!! We are not traveling, we are just relaxing and free to entertain ourselves. I am very excited about exploring more of this city. Did I mention that Montreal Pride is this week? Parade on Sunday and I fully intend on taking full opportunity to see the Montreal Mo's turn it out for pride.

Over 20,000 people attending the concert tonight. Yes, they love the hometown Diva. It was a very special show for a lot of people. Most of the crew is based close to this city and so a lot of family was present this evening and everyone is in great moods, even with a hardcore load-in and performance.

I must put myself to bed now. I have reached my limit of consciousness for the day, and it's already tomorrow.

I am still having a grand time, even with the difficult moments, but that is why I love my job!

Love and Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home