Saturday, October 04, 2008

Oh Auntie Em, There's No Place Like Home

Those writers knew what they were talking about Chil'! I just love being home, as proven by my track record the last 3 days. I got industrious and went and got my flu shot the day i returned, but I haven't ventured more than 5 blocks from my house for the past 3 days. And that was only to get moisturizer and coffee mate. LMAO


Imp has been industrious though. I fixed my dresser drawer (this involved tools and parts) and just today I went out to the front porch and started the fall cleanup of garden. When next I return home, it will be December, and I don't think one should hang christmas lights on, say, dead tomato plants. That's just tacky.

I'm still tour-lagged, but I got out and about today. I had social activities. I had dinner with an old Wicked friend, and then coffee and gossip with another Wicked/Ballet friend. So great to get out and see the people i want to see. Tomorrow i Must see my best friend, whom i've spoken too, but not yet seen. Seems ridiculous that he's offered to make me dinner twice or thrice now, and I still haven't seen him (due to self induced need to be HOME the past few days). I'm taking him up on dinner tomorrow and we can hang and dine and watch the new Amazing Race together.

Had a great time with both my friends tonight. great to sit and chat about work, but not BE at work. Everyone looks so great, and P! I love your new place. Welcome to mid-town!!!

What does one do when one is national tour? For me, it has always been a time to improve and update my electronics. New computer, new phones for example. Well I bought a new phone this week and I'm trying to get it all figured out. It is a crack-berry, which means it's got it all, down to live tv and a media player. Problem is it all has to be set up and configured and blah, blah, blah. So i've got homework to do. It came with a big fat book, and i'm about a 1/3 of the way through it. Perhaps i'll get the email set up sometime in the next week. But I am rather excited about it, cause it's a quad-band and already set up and configured for international use. This will come in handy in the next 3 months when I shall be in three different countries... Not to mention next summer when all you European peeps are going to be seeing me.

Let me take a moment to reflect, on how lucky I am. The economy is going to hell in a handbasket and I'm booking guilt free trips to Hawaii, and buying new electronics as well. At least for the next 5 months, I know the bills are paid; when so many of my friends are already starting to lose their jobs. (shout out to you sister in AZ, take the tour and ride it out brother).

Yah, i'm enjoying being home. I'm going to leave you with that, as i have two kittens who really are insisting on some attention and who am i to deny them?

love and light!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're having so much fun. Miss you!

October 08, 2008 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home