Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Meet Me in St Louis

Meet me at the fair! Lol

I’ve arrived in st Louis. After a fitful bus ride from Tulsa. I repressed the urge to beat the driver with my shoes, but I did have the urge! Hehehe

The gods threw me a bone yesterday with the Tulsa local. They rocked. It’s so great to do a show with people who understand what is happening, and know their craft. These ladys were fantastic and there to work. Work them, we did! But it was also a fun day, and I never once got tense about having the show looking fantastic and being ready on time! I give them a 9.

I’ve played St Louis years ago (a few times) and I remember liking their local here, so I have high hopes for tomorrow. I am relieved that we are finally getting out of the south (and labor pools) and back to venues with IATSE. I am not joking when I relate that I had to show my last two crews how to assemble and USE a steamer. Adios mio!

Anyhow, we are in St Louis now and are returning to old man winter. It was a whopping 13 degrees when we arrived the morning and it was quite a shock stepping off the bus, and having the wind take your breath away! Crazy cold. I checked in around 8am, and pulled out my list of things to do today.

1) Post office. I am no longer seeing any warmer climates; the rest of this tour is all up north and at high altitudes. I shipped home a medium sized box of books and shorts and tshirts; things that I will no longer need. The suitcase is blissfully about ½ full again and I’m not lugging around tons of baggage! Of course, I haven’t pulled out the big down coat(s) out of cargo yet either. But I do think I’ll be able to do the final week of this tour, when we are flying everywhere and then home with one suitcase, one murse, and the computer.
2) Lunch. I found the cutest little city grocery (not quite a balducci’s) and grabbed potato salad and a wrap from the deli for breakfast/lunch. Mmmm
After that 10 block r/t walk in the wind, I decided that I’m done for the day outside. Hehehe I will be inside in the heat, thank you very much. I have just started a new Sharon shinn book, and I have potato salad and a dr. pepper. I’m set for the afternoon. This in most certainly involve a nap too, I am still trying to catch up on my rest, and last nights bus ride didn’t help a darn bit. But I’m only a few mere days away from the next border crossing, which is a milestone in this final leg. We are closing in on it.

I believe we have 11 shows left. A mere 11 shows, and yet I will still be completely back and forth across the continental USA 2 twice in the next 3 weeks. (and then twice more for my trip to Hawaii)

Do you see why I am cranky with airport incompetence?

Suffice it to say that I no longer have my sense of wander-lust. Its cured for the time being! Lol Of course, I will be traveling again soon, but it won’t be for work, and will be on my schedule! I don’t think I’m going to overly mind my mother waking me up at 6am in Oahu. She knows to do with a cup of coffee…

I’m about to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you all for your support and everything that you do for me.

Love and Light!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember liking St Louis as well - You can't be at the Fox, because Herself could fill it about 10times, but it is a great house..... But the crew was good, too - so I hope they are showing up for you... Boo to the airlines, for sure - charging for luggage is just absurd...

I love you - from the land of palm trees and movie stars.... oxoxx

February 04, 2009 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home