Tuesday, December 06, 2005

San Fran I

tran·si·tion n.
Passage from one form, state, style, or place to another.

Ask any of my friends and they will tell you that I'm not far from being a jaded New Yorker. I (and my Dr.) would have to agree. There is a certain level of intensity that is incumbent to living in NYC. One can exist in a constant state of "Fight or Flight." After living in the city for years, you become so accustomed to it that you hardly recognize it; that is, until you leave the city.

Checklist for Leaving the City:
  1. Babysitter for the girls (Check)
  2. Tickets, Money, Passport (Yes, just like AbFab). (Check)
  3. Medication (Check and Double Check)
  4. An open mind: You are leaving the city, life is different on the outside.

Yes, I have to remind myself of keeping an open mind. If you continue to act like a NY'er outside of the island, people will think you are an asshole. It's time to shift gears, and enjoy a little LIFE outside the island.

As usual, I slept very little the night before my flight. The suitcase was packed and I was ready to roll when the car arrived at 6:30am. Off to the airport and onto a sold-out flight to San Fran. I remember getting on the plane and pulling away from the gate. I vaguely recall the captain announcing a delay and the groans of people around me, as we hadn't even taken off yet. The next thing i know the flight attendant is waking me up and telling me to get my seat in the upright position. I slept all but the last 30 minutes of the flight to SF. SWEET!! My ride met me at the airport and then we had lunch and then I went shopping. (Well, what are you supposed to do when you get to a new city?! BUY SHOES!!!) I was well behaved I only came home with ONE new pair.

The transition to vacation is almost always symbolized by a new pair of shoes. Luckily i got them within the first 4 hours of arriving, and thus got it out of the way.

More to follow:

Love and Light

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home