Thursday, February 02, 2006

Productive

It has been a productive couple of days on the homefront. Tuesday was a relatively stress free day. I enjoyed a long overdue personal day on Tuesday. I got out and about in the morning right before the rain started. After spending the better part of the morning at the new Best Buy (at 44th/5th), I headed home with a handful of action dvds. It had started raining while I was busy exercising my buying power, so I got a delightful "James Dean walk in the rain" home. If you know me at all, you know that I need a good walk in the rain every so often. Mission Accomplished. Of course I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening on the couch, watching movies. It was a personal day, meaning I wasn't doing S**t other than relaxing. (Much needed after all the racing around I did on Monday).

Returning to work on Wednesday was a rough transition. When you are used to one day off a week, and you suddenly have two days off in a row, it completely throws the mindset!! I automaticly think I'm either on vacation or unemployed. (HA, you said Unemployed)! Anyhow, things were fine and I stepped back in without too big a mess to clean up or stress.

The atmosphere at the theatre continues to improve. I dare say that I'm almost looking forward to going to work again. Hindsight being 20/20 and all... I didn't realize how much life they were sucking out of me until the situation started to get better. Now I'll grant you, I shifted my mindset on this 'little play' a while back, so that is part of the improvement and outlook. But overall, this new incarnation has more life, and it's more enjoyable and Livable for me.

Some clothing issues are being addressed at the theatre which (when they finally get incorparated) will make my show and job a little more enjoyable and less 'stupid busy.' Most of it's monkey madness, and hopefully we get everyone on the same page again, and reduce the amount of "just deal with it" and move on to Consistant and Universal patterning. I finally pulled myself together enough to ask for a few things (to both cover my @ss and to simplify things). Evidently it was presented at the right time, as they agreed to all my requests. And it involves them spending money. So now I'll sit and wait with my fingers crossed that when the stuff arrives from the shops that it will all be WHAT I asked for. :-)

I woke up at a reasonable hour today and headed off to the garmet district to pick a couple of zippers and some thread to complete a project. I purchased pillow forms on Monday and decided today was the day to make them. One for the lone chair at home, and one for my work station (not that i get to sit during the show). I bought extra fabric when I made the curtains, and so I am now enjoying matching seat covers both at home and at the theatre. Yes, a very small project, but with such a sense of accomplishment and delight. Doing something for yourself instead of hemming someone elses pants... it goes a long way. I had a moment while I was setting up the machine and sewing this afternoon. I couldn't recall the last time I set a zipper! Not that I had any problems (it's like riding a bike people, really) I was just amused that I was actually setting a zipper. I haven't done much sewing in the past few months, much less at my own home. YAH!!! Personal projects!!! Maybe this will tempt me to hem the 4 pairs of pants I have in the closet with pins in them.

Wow! Time flies when you are typing. I'm running a bit behind my usual routine. Time to pack the bag, grab my new chair cushion, and head to work.

D. Thinking of you and everything. Stay strong. You are The Warrior.

Love and Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home