Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Busy Week

Lots and Lots of things happening this week that I want to discuss.

First of all, there is a very crappy illness floating through the theatre. Hacking, coughing, loss of voice. Many people have it; many people are out of the show, which makes things rather difficult for the rest of us. Sunday there were not enough swings to replace the people that were out, and there were several split tracks happening in order to cover the important things. Tuesday was a little better, but even for this show, it has been difficult for the last few performances.

Why is it that everyone starts to get ill two weeks before I have travel planned. I was hacking and coughing myself silly the last time I went to London, and I would like to not repeat that. Long flights, stale airline air, and high altitudes do not help. I just continue to take my herbs and wash my hands and pray.... (Yes crazies, I do pray, although probably not to Gods you are thinking of).

There has been construction happening in the neighborhood the last few days. Jackhammers at 8am the last few mornings. URGH! Here I thought I had escaped that nonsense. It was blissfully quiet this morning though, for which I am thankful for...

Although, My body has finally made the shift to all the hours I've been working. I've been AWAKE at 8am every day for the past few weeks. While this allows me to be a bit productive in the morning around the house, I do not approve. Mornings (for me) are meant to be slept through, allowing me the added 3 hours of sleep I lose due to the night job.

Things are intensifying at the ballet. It will be great to get them off on Tour, and to be able to enjoy the added time I'm going to have in my schedule for ME again. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself in March (when I am actually at home during the day). Oh, I'll find ways to amuse myself. I have plenty of house projects to attend too. Getting back on board with my language lessons for one. Starting to seriously plan out my Italian trip for another...

I had great success in the city on Monday. (Wring a bit more sarcasm out of that sentence, please). I went in on my day off to shop two items for the opera, only to discover that neither of them was available. Not a really big deal other than my Time into the city. I wandered into Macy's (since I was right there) to look at luggage, as Imp needs something new to pack his things in. VIOLA!!!! Macy's was having a serious sale on luggage. All luggage. I got a great suitcase for 60% off. It is kinda scary how much I like the new Kenneth Cole Reaction suitcase. It's the oddest and prettiest blue I've seen in a long time. I hauled it home on the subway, and moved the stuff from the old suitcase into the new one (those travel items that just live in the suitcase, so we are ready to go at a moments notice), and then loaded the old suitcase up with linens and tucked it away! I can now begin the pack for London (and then Florida, and Michigan). Again, that new suitcase makes me very happy!

After I got home on Monday, I spent the rest of the day organizing and cleaning and tweaking the house. I got the desk cleaned off, I got the mirror hung in the bedroom, I got the dresser fixed... blah blah blah. Lots of little projects that were starting to pile up and annoy me were completed. I can actually use the bedroom closet now. It was kind of the catch all when I moved, but it is now a functioning closet instead of purely storage.

Lots of little projects completed that make me happy. When I walked into my room from work last night, and turned the light on, I had a "AHHHHH" moment. It's was so organized and Nice!! I could see the top of the desk and dresser. What a good feeling. Very Little Clutter!

There is more to relate and discuss but the time waits for no man (or woman) and I must begin to pull myself together for the theatre. I can't wait to see what fresh gay hell they have in store for us today. I'm thankful that the money is rolling in, and my body has adjusted to this insane schedule that I'm inflicted myself with. Both jobs are hectic now, I'm very much looking forward to a bit a travel and time away from it all. The payoff is worth it, but I will be thankful when I find myself not so damn busy all the time. Just a few short weeks and I'll be shivering in London, followed by nice long bake in sunny Florida.

Love and Light to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home