Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I have returned

Just a quick note to say I have returned.

Getting to London wasn't easy, neither the trip from NYC to the airport, nor heathrow to Paddington, but I made it. Virgin Atlantic is such a delightful airline to fly, and there were 3 special people that made my day(s). First there was the ticketing agent who noted we shared a birthday and then changed my seat assignment from the back to the middle (and in a row all to myself), then there was Josh, the cutest brit boy I have seen yet, who took care of me all the way to heathrow, which entailed bringing me things (without my asking) whenever he noticed that I was conscious. I slept through Dinner and Tea, and yet, within minutes of me sitting up and realizing I was thirsty or hungry, Dinner appeared... a real cup of coffee appeared, with creme, and with a smile. "You missed tea, but I brought you a fresh cup of coffee." And it was a real cup, not an airline shot of coffee, a real cup of coffee. Which made the day better...

To Carmel Car service, whom I have reliably used for the past 10 years... SHAME ON YOU!!! You do not call your client 5 minutes after your scheduled pickup to inform them you are not coming. I don't CARE that there was a blizzard going on. You cancel hours before, not minutes after. SHAME ON YOU!!!

Oh, I made it to Newark Airport. It took a long time, and was a very expensive cab ride, but I made it. Thanks to Peter , the 70 year old man who had the nerve to drive me from midtown to the airport (even if we did have to stop for gas along the way). Oh yes people, it was a huge comedy of errors all day long. But I actually DID make it to london on Friday (just barely on friday) but I made it.

I had a great time seeing my friends, and making a few new ones. I have more to report, but it is going to have to wait. There are things that require my attention at home and I want to get them off my list before the day gets away from me. I do have a show tonight, and I will be needing some quiet time this afternoon. Trying to get back on schedule, but not that concerned about it today.

For the first time since November, I have nothing but the show to attend today. Just one!! No week full of doubles, just a 'regular' show week for me this week. I'm finally getting some of that time at home I'm been whining about.

Time to get unpacked, laundered, and start repacking for the trip to Florida on Sunday.

I'm down to waiting for one W-2. I would love for that to show up today so I can get those darn things done this week.

Many cheers and best wishes going out to Darren. Enjoy your well-earned break. We shall miss you.

Until next time, I have returned. I am in decent humor, and I'm looking forward to a 'light' week and having the chance to catch up on things in MY life.

Love and Light to you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip. I was worried about you.

February 26, 2008 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home