Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow and Gala and Monkeys: OH MY!

Busy week this week in the city (and burbs) for Imp!

First of all there was no day off. Imp was in the city working the gala event for the ballet, Stars of the 21st Century. Nice easy day (even if it was ALL day) and piles of money. If I could do 2 of these events a week, I wouldn't need to be doing 8 shows a week. Principal dancers were in from Vienna, Berlin, Moscow, Paris and beyond. A lovely little program was presented and it was great to actually SEE some ballet performed instead of just being upstairs in a room behind a sewing machine. Everything is beautiful at the ballet...

Back to the regular old broadway show. We are still kickin ass at the box office, and everywhere else. One of my main peeps is on vacation this week, which means rotating swings around. One of my other main peeps is going through some stuff and has been in and out of work. I'm worried about him, but there is so much going on right now that I barely have time to keep myself above water.

Then there was the sudden death of a co-workers long time partner. This sent shockwaves through most of the community. Our coworker is very beloved by all who know him, and we all feel his grief and loss.

Still self reflecting, still self absorbed, and still unrepentant about it. Still attempting to figure out exactly what makes Imp tick, and what/why it makes me twitch. Its a very good thing that I've learned to somewhat moderate what comes out of my mouth (oh yes, believe me, I'm MUCH better at it than I used to be). So many events have happened in the last few weeks that have made me want to vent, tear at my breast and hair, and scream obscenities into the whirlwind that is my life. Part of it is simply overworking myself now for the impending rest that is coming later in the year. Part of it is having less patience for stupidity (mine AND others), Part of it is the struggle of releasing all that does not serve, or at least attempting to keep my mouth shut when people repeatedly disappoint me and/or fail to live up to my expectations. I've said it before, and I will say it again. I really dislike it when people fail to meet my expectations...

On the flip side of the coin, I will have a day off soon... if you want to call climbing onto a transatlantic flight a day off. It WILL be a day off, and when the pill wears off, I'll awake in London and be ready for holiday. MY holiday. A pilgrimage to worship, rejoice, dance, and weep at the alter of Darren. May he live and tour forever.... Once he decides to return to touring (next year?), may be pick somewhere that the exchange rate isn't 2 to 1. Not that i won't repeatedly empty my coffers to see him perform. It is a small pocket of happiness, and you can't put a pricetag on happiness....

Once again, there is more to say, but it's time for me to get ready to head into the city for another fun filled day.

Happy VD to you all, where ever it may find you.

Love and Light!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you've made a lot of progress this saturn retrograde, so maybe the next one will be easier!

February 15, 2008 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home