Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday

Still no day off, but I did manage to get a nap in yesterday.

Spent Monday buying jewelry for the opera. A good time, a definite good time, I love spending other peoples money!!

Tried desperately to tie up some odds and ends before my trip, but things just didn't quite work out the way I wanted. First off, there was (yet again) no attendant on duty at the laundrymat, so after taking the dirty laundry there, I had to bring it back home. I do miss my old laundry service in the city. They were great and always there and knew my name. This place is shady and understaffed; the only good thing about them is that they are closest to the house. Next time, I'm going to have to make the hike to the other laundrymat. OH well.... You KNOW I work too hard to spend my one day off doing my own laundry. Period.

I did have good shopping karma yesterday though. I found the new buttons to go on the sportcoat for the London trip. I found the shirt to wear underneath it. I had also hooked up with my buddy Scott, and we found his sunglasses and a couple of shirts and a new pair of shorts for him (and his trip to Barbados) this week. We had brunch at Vynl, and that was delicious too! I think the last time Scott and I had brunch was last summer. So it was great to have a relaxed afternoon.

I was up at the crack of dawn yesterday, and managed to get into the city, get a haircut, and buy/ship the jewelry before our 11:30am brunch.

Oh holy hell, I just recalled I was supposed to call dear friend when I was done with Scott, and I completely forgot about it. It had started to downpour and I was right next to the subway, where I jumped on the train home without making that phone call. My apologies Edde!

As much as I would love to sit here and regurgitate more of my life, I have to start pulling it together. I have to call and track down one more W-2. I have never filed so late... but I can't do it until I have all the proper paperwork!

And then I'm off to the city to whip out the final 4 shows and 2 daywork calls before I am free to leave on holiday. YAH... only 3 14-18 hour days left before vaca!!!

Love and Light to you all!
xo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time.

I refuse to do my taxes before my birthday. I usually do them at the beginning of April!

February 20, 2008 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home